19 March 2018

Cycling

In room 5 we have been learning to write a description about cycling. The police came to Awahono School, and told room 5 how to keep our bike safe.

Cycling

Zigzagging around the orange cones I try not to fall.  I try not to pedal too fast because I don’t want to crash into the person in front, but if I go too slowly I start to wobble.  It makes me nervous, but I can do it! Holding one handlebar
tightly, I glance over my right shoulder, then I signal right,  I put my other hand back on the handlebar and turn. I wait in the line. Finally I am going after this person, now I need to get my bike ready to go and I’m off.  I try not to fall, as I

make a hand signal. I have to get ready to turn really well. Ah, no, crash! I fall and I am making a traffic jam.  I have got to get up so people can go again. Half an hour until  lunch time and I’m really happy and a bit tired but I think I can survive. I am really proud that I did well.

1 comment:

  1. You've done a great job of describing your feelings as you practise your cycling. I also like how you've told us about how you feel while cycling and how you feel at the end. It's great to see you telling yourself, "I can do it!" even though you are nervous.
    Mrs Idle

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.